Competitions and Contests
What’s a great way to get noticed as a writer?
Do well in contests! FEATURED CONTEST:
3 Levels * 3 Genres * 3 Scholarships
Independent judging will establish the one scholarship winner for each level –
University, College, High School – from among all 3 genres.
Fiction and non-fiction maximum words: 1500
Poetry maximum of 5 pages per entry
Entries are $15 each, payable by cheque or PayPal.
Your entry will give you a 1-year Student Membership in the FBCW!
Deadline for entries is January 15, 2014 at 5:00 pm
Please email your submission via the form below, and use this PayPal button to pay, or send the submission and same information with your cheque to the address noted here.
Mail a cheque with your submission to:
Federation of BC Writers
PO Box 3887 Stn Terminal, Vancouver, BC V6B 3Z3
Enter your information and submission here. One entry per payment.
Payment must be made separately by the PayPal button on the website or by cheque.
If you have contests for this page please send them to News Editor
Other Contests are listed here
- Canada Writes Contest Nov 22/13 - BLOODLINES During the month of November, Canada Writes is asking Canadians to dig through the pages of their family’s past and share with us a compelling/remarkable story from their bloodline. We want the stories you tell at parties and at dinners with friends. When your family gets together, what stories are retold? Do you have […]
- Writing in the Margins Nov 5/13 - Now in its third year, Briarpatch’s Writing in the Margins contest seeks fresh, creative writing that brings to life issues of political, social, and environmental justice. This year’s contest entries will be judged by award-winning writers Shani Mootoo and Marcello Di Cintio. Briarpatch books columnist Yutaka Dirks caught up with our judges to talk politics […]
- 2013 Dalton Camp Award Nov 5/13 - FRIENDS of Canadian Broadcasting is pleased to remind you that the deadline for submissions to the 2013 Dalton Camp Award is approaching. The winner will receive a $10,000 prize for excellence in creative, original essay-writing on the link between democracy and the media in Canada. New for 2013, a discretionary second prize of $2,500 may […]
- Submissions to Fieldstone Review Oct 20/13 - Call for Submissions Journal: The Fieldstone Review Deadline: January 15, 2014 The online literary journal The Fieldstone Review is now accepting submissions of creative nonfiction, fiction, poetry, and reviews for its 2014 issue. Contributors may submit a maximum of one entry per category per submission period. For further details and submission guidelines, please see the journal’s website.
- INTERNATIONAL SHORT STORY COMPETITION Oct 13/13 - contentsLabello Press – Independent Publisher of Short FictionINTERNATIONAL SHORT STORY COMPETITIONClosing Date – 31st January 2014 Labello Press – Independent Publisher of Short Fiction INTERNATIONAL SHORT STORY COMPETITION Closing Date – 31st January 2014 Labello Press: is an independent, Tipperary-based Irish publisher, whose aim is to produce beautiful books, containing unique, well-written and thought-provoking previously […]
- 2013 Dalton Camp Award Oct 7/13 - FRIENDS of Canadian Broadcasting is pleased to announce the 2013 Dalton Camp Award. The winner will receive a $10,000 prize for excellence in creative, original essay-writing on the link between democracy and the media in Canada. New for 2013, a discretionary second prize of $2,500 may be awarded for the best essay by a post-secondary […]
- Family History Book Award Oct 5/13 - British Columbia Genealogical Society Family History Book Award The British Columbia Genealogical Society (BCGS) annual book award to encourage family history research and writing in and about British Columbia, Canada. Books considered must be written by a British Columbia author and relate to British Columbia family history. Books must be published in the current year […]
- William Saroyan International Prize for Writing Oct 4/13 - Call for Submissions William Saroyan International Prize for Writing Entry Deadline: January 31, 2014 Nominations are now being accepted for the William Saroyan International Prize for Writing. Two prizes of $5,000 each are given biennially for works of fiction and nonfiction. Cosponsored by the Stanford University Libraries and the William Saroyan Foundation, the awards are […]
- Playwriting Competition Sep 1/13 - MENNONITE THEATRE ONE-ACT PLAYWRITING COMPETITION Last Call for Deadline: September 3, 2013 Rhubarb announces a one-act playwriting contest sponsored by the Winnipeg Mennonite Theatre Society and the Mennonite Literary Society, with up to $1,500 in prize money. Playwrights who self-identify as Mennonites are asked to submit original one-act plays, preferably, but not necessarily, on a […]